Traditional Vodka Sauce
- ½ cup Yacht Life Vodka
- 1 medium onion, minced
- 1 carrot carrot, finely chopped
- 1 stalk celery, finely chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 (14-ounce) cans good-quality chopped tomatoes
- 8 leaves fresh basil, torn into small pieces
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 2 tablespoons heavy cream
Steps To Make It:
- Gather all ingredients
- Add the olive oil to a saute pan over medium heat. Once it is hot, add the onion, carrot, celery, and garlic and stir together. Let the vegetables cook until softened, around 7 minutes.
- Tear the basil leaves and add them to the pot.
- Add in the chopped tomatoes and stir all.
- Simmer the sauce for about 1 hour until it is reduced and thickened. Keep an eye on the sauce, stirring from time to time.
- Lightly blend the sauce with an immersion blender or a couple of pulses in a food processor, but do not make the sauce too smooth – you will want to keep a little texture in it.
- Add the salt, butter, and cream and stir thoroughly. Finally, add the vodka and stir well.
- The sauce will go from red to orange, but do not worry this is how it should be.