Sautéed Cherries with Vanilla Bean
- 3 tablespoons Yacht Life Vodka
- 1/2 vanilla bean
- 1 pound (3 cups) ripe cherries
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- Pinch of salt
- Fresh lemon juice, to taste
- Split the piece of vanilla bean in half horizontally.
- Pit and halve the cherries. Toss them in a bowl with the vodka, sugar, vanilla bean pieces and salt. Let stand for 5 minutes to dissolve the sugar.
- Heat a wide, non-stick skillet over medium-high heat. Add the cherries and their juices and cook, scrape the bottom of the pan often to prevent burning. In a couple of minutes you the juices will become a thick, sticky glaze.
- Scrape the glazed cherries into a bowl and taste, adding a few drops of lemon juice if necessary to brighten the flavor. Leave the vanilla bean pieces in the mixture and refrigerate.
- The mixture will last for a week in the refrigerator.